The goal of Under the Bed is to give readers horror stories that are fresh, tightly
written, and most of all, scary.
Reading with your back to the wall, occasionally getting up to check all
the locks, hiding under the blankets--scary.
- Compensation: 20% royalty on individual issue sales.
- Rights: One month exclusivity & first publishing rights. Previously published work not accepted.
- Circulation: Thousands of readers on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and FictionMagazines.com.
- Average reading time: Less than thirty days. Stories selected by a team of curators. Apply to curate.
- Word count: 5,000 to 7,500 words considered for fiction. No exceptions.
- Formatting: Curators prefer proper manuscript style. USA spelling. No manual returns.
- Editing: Our editors use Google Docs for collaborative editing. Apply to edit.
- Poetry not accepted.